Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Sat May 4, 2013
Alger home destroyed by fire
ONOTA TOWNSHIP -
An Alger County home went up in flames early Friday morning. According to WLUC-TV, firefighters responded Friday morning around 7 a.m.to a small house on Military Road in Onota Township. The flames were visible from M-28, and when firefighters arrived, they found the home completely engulfed. It's unknown if anyone was inside the home when the fire started. The cause of the fire is unknown, and no injuries have been reported at this time.
The Onota Township, AuTrain Township and Chocolay Township Fire Departments all responded, as well as the Michigan State Police, Alger County EMS and Marquette County Rescue 131.